Nature Vs Man Made- Mood Boards.

After making two different mood boards on pinterest one man made and the other natural (which i have now deleted as i don't need them), i printed the pictures off and made my mood boards for this project. Throughout my time at college i realised i am a messy worker, i like to make everything busy and layer things up, this is shown throughout my work, these mood boards are no exception either!! The first mood board is my nature themed one, this includes pictures of flowers, feathers, insects, sea creatures and butterfly's. I then painted over the top of these pictures and filled in the gaps too, using different medias such as gouache paint, watercolours, fine liner and water and yarn. I love this mood board as it has lots of patterns to work from and to develop.
The next mood board (the bottom picture) is my man made mood board, i did not enjoy doing this but i think this is because i knew i wanted to keep my focus on the natural theme throughout my project, but i wanted to explore all area's. On this mood board is lot's of random man made objects such as cars, buildings, sofa's and light-bulbs. I also used watercolours, gouache and felt tip on this sheet too! Although i did not enjoy doing the man made sheet, i chose pictures with patterns in, this will hopefully make my man made visual sheet easier and more fun for me to create.

No comments