Final Major Project - Moodboards

To start my project I started by gathering pictures on my pinterest board which are science based. During this time I decided I want to base my project mainly on cells, as the are amazing for inspiration for pattern and colour and also holographic as the colours in an oil spill are holographic and I think if I combined these two idea's together the outcome would be amazing.
The first moodboard I created was inspired by cells. Here is a picture...


The pictures I put onto this moodboard was the pictures I found the most interesting and that had the most pattern on, this would be easier for me to find pattern to develop onto my visual sheets. I added the black circles onto the sheet as I thought my sheet looked quite flat and boring, The black circles represent a microscope, like you are looking down a microscope. I am very happy with this moodboard and I think I have made a good start to my project.

The second moodboard I created was based on holographic textures and colours and oil spills. I really like this moodboard because it is iridescent and includes some really lovely colours, here is a picture of it...


Although this moodboard doe's not hold any pattern for me to take into a visual sheet, The patterns will come from the mood board based on cells, the colours will come from this sheet. I really enjoyed doing this sheet and this project in general, Im so excited to develop my sheets are start experimenting with prints and different techniques.

If I manage my time wisely I shall try to create another moodboard which is based on bacterial filled petri dishes, as I think it would be a good idea to try and recreate the patterns using different techniques such as batik, free machining or just by simply using different dyes.

To follow my journey through my final major project keep checking out my blog!

Thankyou for reading.

No comments