The Start Of My Final Major Project

My final major project is here! It's come around so quickly. Officially it started 3 week ago, the past three week have been crazy busy with university interviews and mind maps and proposals. So I shall talk you through it in this blog post, Firstly I was instructed to create a mind map of different theme/topic's I could use for my final major project, then a mind map that focus's on the theme you would most like to do, It is vital that the chosen theme was broad enough to do plenty of research and that I could get a lot of primary research. At first I chose to base my FMP (final major project) on the theme travel but after looking into it I decided I would not have enough primary research and I struggled to find artist research. I was stuck and did not know what theme to chose. Trying to forget about this problem, I attended my textiles with surface design interview and Huddersfield University and was informed I would be in a group interview with my friend Thea who is in my class at college, but we would be the last ones to be interviewed. After hearing this news we decided to go have a look around and ask some questions to the students who were in the classes, whilst doing this I saw the most amazing work which captured my eye instantly. A big pin board of inspiration for one students work was filled with pictures of science based patterns, such as bacterial petri dishes, different fabrics cut into circles which she had tried to recreate the petri dish patterns with dye. This instantly inspired me and I knew from then I wanted to base my fmp on science. After my interview (which went amazingly good) I went home and wrote up a mind map on science and what I wanted to research into. 

During the past three weeks I have also been writing up drafts of my proposal for my project as this will get sent off and marked also. In my proposal I explained what my project is going to be about, what I shall be focusing on, What techniques I plan to use, Where my primary research shall come from, What inspired me to do this topic and how I plan to evaluate and get feedback from my work.

To keep track of my progress for my final major project, I shall be updating my blog frequently so keep a look out!

Thankyou for reading.

No comments