Summer Project | Textiles

During the summer I was asked to do a summer project, The brief I was given simply stated to 'Get an A1 piece of paper and do something with it'. It did not state if I could use other materials and did not say I could not cut up the paper. It did state to think outside the box or to communicate visually - So that's what I did
I decided to turn my A1 piece of paper into a visual journal. To communicate visually and show what thing's inspired me over the summer and to use different techniques to do so.

I cut up my A1 paper into A4 sized pieces and hole punched them all, I then got some string and tied them together to make a book. 

Thinking about things on my recent holiday to Lanzerote that inspired me, I decided to use different techniques such as line drawings, left hand drawings, watercolour, pastel, masking fluid... etc. I also used photo's from my holiday to show what inspired me.












As you can see I used lot's of different techniques to do this journal. I wanted to make it look as tactile as possible. I'm really happy with my summer project and it's got me in the right mind frame to start University and be creative. 

I hope you like my summer project. Leave me some feed back on how I could have improved or what you would do with an A1 piece of paper.

Thank you for reading!

Becca






No comments