Future Thinking - Biomimicry Design


Biomimicry design is design that is inspired by nature. Biomimic design inspires a lot of different industry's; Such as fashion, architecture, science, transport etc. Biomimicry design can be inspired by many things such as the shape and landing of a bird when in flight to the shape and actions of a cactus to inspire buildings. The list is never ending and to explore new ideas to fuel your creative concepts you can head over to Asknature to browse their catalogue of idea's.

Their are so many informative videos on youtube about biomimicry design, Tedtalks do a lot of these types of videos and is the reason I got really inspired and excited by biomimicry design as I was shown one in a lecture about textiles ecology a few months ago. As a printer I tend to always get inspired by nature's textures and visuals however if I combine this with biomimicry design and be inspired by natures actions as well, I think this could create a very interesting outcome. 



After only having a quick lecture on biomimicry design, I am really enjoying learning about it and I shall do more research into it, Which I will post on my blog. As a budding surface print designer I think this design concept will benefit me a lot. 

If you have any blog post's that might help me with my research, link them in the comments.

Be creative and stay messy!

No comments