A little trip to Berlin, Germany.

Berlin, Is one of the most inspiring places I have ever been lucky enough to visit. Only a few day's ago I landed back in England and I wanted to opportunity to share just some pictures I had taken. I found my iPhone to be a real life saver when I was in Berlin, Although I had taken 2 camera's, I didn't like carrying them around the whole time as they are quite bulky, heavy and sometimes I feel like I'm too busy capturing things in the moment that I'm not actually living it. Being able to pull my phone out of my pocket is so much quicker and easier. 

During my time in Berlin, I found a sense of freedom. As my phone did not work abroad, I could only connect to wifi - Not great if its an emergency. However I did let me switch off and connect with the city rather than being engaged with social media. 


Berlin is famous for its colourful street art, This inspired me a lot. It ables local artists to show their creations, it inspires, motivates and accelerates creativity in the brain. You can almost think of it as a slow movement. Going on long walks to find this artwork lets you de-stress and think about the art you are seeing, I know personally I really analysed pieces from the East side gallery, as some art works were quite literal, bold and got their point across and some did not.

From my experience in Berlin, As a textile/surface design student, Berlin has inspired me to work with different surfaces and techniques also to work at a much larger scale!

Below are the photo's I have taken with my phone. However there are many many more.












































No comments